WELCOME TO THE O'FALLON SCHOOL DISTRICT 90 BOOKTALK BLOG FOR JUNIOR HIGH STUDENTS



Ms. Courtenay Martin, Language Arts Teacher at Fulton Junior High and Ms. Alayna Davies-Smith, District Media Specialist at Carriel Junior High welcome your posts dealing with the book we are reading.



Stolen by Vivian Vande Velde

Stolen by Vivian Vande Velde
Our First Book To Read!!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What this book is about.....

A young girl of about 12, who can remember nothing of her name or her home, is rescued from the forest. She is soon taken up by a mother who calls her Isabelle and who insists that she is the daughter who disappeared years ago. The same woman's month-old baby was taken by a witch just a day before Isabelle is found, and the connection between the events is cleverly plotted and revealed.

7 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying this book!! I am actually almost done because it is so good! I hope that is alright that I read ahead, but I couldn't wait two whole weeks!! So far i have gotten to chapter ten! The beginning was really good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stolen is REALLY good. I just finished this book a few hours again, and I want to reread it! I don't want to spoil the book, but I will say that this book has a twist at the end that is unpredictable! I really think you should read it, it is a mystery and a fantasy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only got through 1 chapter, but I'm really enjoying the way it's starting out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished this book about 30 minutes ago and I absolutely LOVE this book!!! Usually it takes me weeks to finish books and I finished Stolen in two days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really good book with a really good ending. I love this book because when you read one page you have to read the next. From CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not totally done with Stolen, but so far it was really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am almost done with the book

    Question:
    When are we going to have to turn the book in?

    -Y

    ReplyDelete